Recognised as a leading early music specialist, I am a versatile musician, highly respected as a continuo player, researcher and choral director.
- Lecturer at the Faculty of Music in Cambridge since 2013
- Council member of the Handel Institute
- Research explores social narratives and compositional method in the Baroque period
- Compositions and arrangements performed and recorded by professional ensembles
- Valued member of the English Baroque Soloists, the Bach Players and La Nuova Musica.
Performance dominated the first ten years of my career, most notably as principal continuo player and assistant to Sir John Eliot Gardiner. Since 2005, teaching, research and choral conducting have played the major role.
As Director of Music at Queens’ College, Cambridge (2011 to 2015), I greatly enhanced the profile and reputation of the choir, organising national and international concerts and issuing recordings with Orchid Classics.